Hey Preacher Man
So I spoke at a college today about FTC (where I work) and how one can engage in community outreach.
My approach was to give 6 perspectives on life, as it were, to help the students contextualize what they should be doing for the poor in our midst.
- The current state: over 10 million children die every year from hunger in the world
- What is my story (baggage) that effects my perspective on this matter (Gen X)
- What is there story (Gen Y)
- What about a leader’s perspective on addressing issues www.jimcollins.com
- What does the Bible say?
- The great philosopher Jerry Seinfeld’s thoughts
My boss asked, “So did you preach?”
I responded, “well I think I talked about the issues and introduced them to FTC Canada.”
He said, “I think you preached, I know you, you always preach.” (paraphrased)
I am going to take that as a compliment:)